Classification of Investment Assets/AIFMD (AIF)
- Data to support you to comply with the AIFMD directive
- Information on sales and marketing support
- Data for the support of the 2018 investment taxation
Data for the Classification of Investment Funds as per AIFMD
The Alternative Investment Fund Manager Directive 2011/61/EU (AIFMD) regulates the managers of alternative investment funds who have so far not been covered by the UCITS directive. Fund managers domiciled within the EU are affected just as much as fund managers in third countries who wish to market their funds within the EU.
In Germany, the Directive 2011/61/ EU has been implemented by the AIFM Implementation Act (AIFM-UmsG). Within the scope of this implementation (i.e. by the AIFM Tax Adaption Act (AIFM-StAnpG)), the Investment Law has been revoked, the Investment Tax Act largely amended, and the Capital Investment Code (KAGB) introduced.
Thus, new supervisory regulations for the investment business have been created which cover regulated UCITS as well as so far infrequently regulated alternative investment funds (AIF). In addition, the regulatory scope has been extended, so that in the future there will be no more simultaneity between pru-dential and taxation rules. Besides, the new tax classification of investment funds, the AIFM Tax Adaption Act includes also numerous supplementary and/or stricter tax rules.
Data for the Classification of AIFs, Company Types
With the AIF product, WM provides structurally amended data to support the financial institutions to meet the regulatory requirements as well as to support them in the sales and marketing management. We already provide the following data in the AIF product:
- Investment fund identifier, e.g. in AIFs
- Classification in partnerships and corporations
- AIF identifiers, if these are acquirable by private investors or semi-professional/professional investors
- Classification of the target investments of the AIFs accor-ding to the security types as per the ESMA guidelines on the AIFM reporting
The reform of the Investment Tax Act included the signi-ficant expansion of the profile with consideration of the taxation procedure, partial redemption and minimum quotas. The following fields are new:
- Applicable taxation procedure (transparent/non-transparent taxation)
- Investment funds with partial redemption
- Equity participation rate/ real estate rate
- Amount of the issue yield
- Investment fund status confirmation